About the Program
Everett Middle School is proud to be one of the only middle schools in all of San Francisco Unified School District with a Wellness Center, modeled after our High School Wellness Center initiatives. Everett currently staffs our Wellness Center with two full time School Social Workers, one full time academic counselor, a full time nurse, a part time mental health consultant from the community based organization, Instituto Familiar de la Raza, 2 part time Master's level interns and 2 part time Post Doctorate interns from UCSF.
Students and staff alike use the facility to engage in Restorative circles, or to continue the advocacy work of our Gay-Straight Alliance. Brand new computers line the walls to allow our students access to research potential colleges and universities. The space has two confidential rooms for private one on one therapy sessions. Ask any student how valuable the Wellness Center is to our site and you'll be sure to hear a whole litany of reasons beyond this description.
What We Offer
The Wellness Center Provides:
- Group therapy sessions for young people who are struggling with various issues including: grief and loss, divorce/separation, family members who are incarcerated, extreme anger, acculturation, nutrition/body image and other challenges that occur in middle school;
- Individualized therapy;
- Wellness/Support groups for teachers weekly
- Peer mediation;
- Mentoring (Everett employee to student);
- Restorative Justice/Alternatives to Suspension;
- Referrals to appropriate Community Based Organizations